10.08.2011

Delicious Dal

This is going to be a brief post, but I just had to share the recipe for the "Dal Nirvana" I made for dinner, because it was quite tasty and pretty easy too! This is a really simple, healthy, vegetarian Indian dish you can make if you are craving Indian food. I followed Beth M's recipe on Budget Bytes (a blog I'm in love with!) to the letter; the only thing I did differently was I halved the recipe. I also made Beth M's naan, a type of Indian flatbread, which was a little more complicated and time consuming, but worth it if you have never made homemade bread like this before. You will feel awesome, and the result might not be restaurant quality the first time around, but it will be better than anything you buy premade at the store. It is a bit tricky, but not as hard as you might think, so don't be intimidated. I also followed her recipe almost exactly (the only thing I did differently was I added lowfat plain yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. I think they are similar enough that it didn't make a huge difference.) That's it for tonight, blog-followers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...your posts are very inspiring.
    Homemade dal. You must be your uncle's niece.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...actually meant "homemade naan."
    Though the dal is also quite impressive.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete